CLOUD DEV/OPS ENGINEER
Member of the “Availability and End to End Technology” teams, ensuring excellence in the provision of services to Holcim operating companies.
In this position, she/he works to release and maintain resilience, secure and efficient services collaborating with product teams. Managing and enhancing a cloud platform specially designed to promote the Dev/Ops culture. With capacity to address known technologies and great adaptability to onboard new ones. Also requires a relentless focus on customer needs, promoting a zero-unplanned downtime culture.
She/he is responsible for fostering the improvement of the company KPIs, in coordination with others through the competence areas assigned:
● “Availability” promoting overall resilience and reliability in the IT services delivered.
● “Time to Value” through an effective release-on-demand strategy and the articulation of continuous delivery pipelines.
● Works to maximize the security and efficiency within and for the product Dev/Ops teams helping them to increase the frequency and quality of deployments.
● Operates cloud architectures and Services as a Code that reduce the severity and frequency of failures and improve the Mean Time to Recovery (MTTR).
● Enhance products' operability with telemetry that provides full observability.
● Use and implement modern search engines and event management that provides real time data consumption.
● Enable options to deploy changes in production and articulate the processes to respond, rollback or fix forward, when necessary, building the necessary environment and capability.
● Execute strategies to enable recovery and low-risk releases.
● Leverages cloud and SaaS solutions that can simplify and improve the services.
● Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or similar.
● Experience working with Microservices, containers and orchestrators (Kubernetes, OpenShift 4, Nexus, Docker Hub, Quay.io, RH registry, Jenkins etc.).
● Experience with infrastructure as a code (Ansible, Terraform, Helm, etc.).
● Knowledge of Linux administration on any distribution.
● Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills in English.
● Qualifications/certifications relating to his/her area of expertise.
● IT experience working on IT organizations with a strong emphasis on solutions definition and processes management.
● Proven performance and experience working with operational teams using Agile methodology.
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS
● Experience working with AWS Services (EBS, S3, Glacier, EC2, VPC, CloudFront, Route 53, AWS Organizations, CloudWatch, DMS, SCT, RDS, ELK, Athena, Glue, DynamoDB, Secrets Manager, VPC, CloudFront, Trusted Advisor, etc.).
● Ability to read and understand log traces on any system (server and application).
● Capable of working independently or on transversal teams to solve automation & CI/CD engineering/support problems.
● Strong attention to details and ability to document findings clearly and convey coherent information including remediation guidance.
● Experience on IT Security controls within infrastructure, web, mobile applications and database systems.
● Proven ability to work cross-functionally and deliver complex projects in multiple cultures, countries and regions.
● Proven ability of being capable of problem analysis and troubleshooting in any situation.
● Creativity, with the ability to drive and inspire organizational changes and innovation through an organization.
● Proven good team player that can adapt to the working style to meet objectives.
● Highly motivated, driven & self-learning: eager and quick to learn.
● Ready to adapt to the constantly changing technologies.
● Spanish, French, Arabic, German and/other languages used in the countries in which we operate would be an advantage.
● Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others’ perspectives / convictions, engaging others’ opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas and opinions are valued within the team / “internal” customers and external partners.
● Respect and take into consideration diversity by valuing different world views, challenges and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
● Is sensitive to how people, cultures and organizations function. Deals comfortably with organizational politics. Steer through the organizational maze to get things done.
● Demonstrates positive thinking mindset, consistently identifying highlights.
● Shows a can-do attitude in good and bad times and acts as a role model in terms of ethics and self awareness.
● Ability to travel within the region (up to 10% in a year).