CIRCULAR ECONOMY FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT
This position is part of Holcim EMEA Digital Center Regional Applications Area, a technology partner for Holcim countries in Europe and MEA regions, enabling business success through reliability, efficiency and innovation.
The Circular Economy Functional Consultant is responsible for managing, enhancing, supporting and maintaining IT solutions that support business processes for Pre-Treatment and Co-Processing of Waste and Construction and Demolition materials. Being the Functional Scope:
● E2E waste processing from Contracting to Invoicing, including: Planning, Contracting, Transportation, Preparation, Dispatching, Invoicing and Cost Control. Supported by IT technologies: SAP ECC6 (LE, SD, PP, MM, CO) and interfaces to other tools (e.g. SAP BW for reporting, Dispatching Solutions).
This position is expected to work closely with the business representatives to provide collaborative solutions and practices to improve the business through technology and process.
The position works closely with third party partners (offshore and nearshore) and is able to effectively collaborate in this set up.
Provide business value by adding cost effective solutions in the Circular Economy Area by:
● Managing Circular Economy Solution evolution on regional applications in adherence to regional change management processes and internal control requirements. Supporting evolution of existing models and application maps.
● Analyzing, implementing and following up to deliver a technical solution aligned with the agreed business processes and following the established governance and applicable guidelines and policies. Figuring out the processes necessary to get things done.
● Ensuring that the solution is delivered on time, budget and quality. Promoting an adequate prioritization of activities.
● Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
● Building and maintaining strong relationships with the business.
● Stepping up to handling tough issues and readily taking action on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
● Focusing efforts on continuous improvement, identifying and seizing opportunities for synergy.
● University degree in the field of computer science, engineering, administration and/or related field for which provides business advice. A Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
● Related work experience in the relevant business process area:
○ Must: Logistics, Sales.
○ Valuable: Controlling, Procurement, Production.
○ Previous experiences in several steps of these processes would be an asset.
● Ideally 3+ years of expert technical knowledge with the solution:
○ Must: SAP LE, SAP SD.
○ Valuable: SAP CO, SAP MM, SAP PP, SFDC.
○ Valuable: previous experience in Customer Oriented applications (e.g. Customer Portal).
● S4/Hana Experience is strongly preferred.
● Pursues everything with energy, drive and the need to finish. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
● Experienced with systems design and development from business requirements analysis to day-to-day management.
● Adapts quickly to changing resource requirements and enjoys multi-tasking applying knowledge of the organization (internal structures, processes and culture) to advance multiple objectives.
● Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Partners with others to get work done. Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
● Works effectively third parties (including offshore and nearshore service providers).
● Assists in prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
● Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills in English. Spanish, French, Arabic, German and/other languages used in the countries in which we operate would be an advantage.
● Ability to effectively work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
● Highly motivated and attentive to detail.
● Values inclusion within the day-to-day responsibilities by respecting others’ perspectives/convictions, engaging others’ opinions, and creating a safe environment where people, ideas and opinions are valued within the team/“internal” customers and external partners.
● Respects and takes into consideration diversity by valuing different world views, challenges and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
● Is sensitive to how people, cultures and organizations function. Deals comfortably with organizational politics. Steers through the organizational maze to get things done.
● Demonstrates positive thinking mindset, consistently identifying highlights.
● Shows a can-do attitude in good and bad times and acts as a role model in terms of ethics and self-awareness.
● Ability to travel within the region for extended periods of time in a row (up to 30% in a year).