IT Senior Project Manager
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
Due to the incumbent’s level of project management expertise, the Project Manager will be responsible for running complex and strategic projects that Holcim IT has in its portfolio. Digital initiative of the group will be a specific focus area and implies an agile and customer focus orientation. Interact on a regular basis with key users and regional and corporate business solution owners.Closely engage with the IT technical experts/ technical and business product owners as well as other IT or business stakeholders. This role is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides IT single point of contact for those projects. Especially in the case of business or digital focussed project the business product owner as well as business sponsor are a key interface from the IT project manager. This role manages cross functional teams responsible for delivering project outputs on time, within budget, and with quality results. Project Managers plan, organize, monitor and oversee one or more enterprise projects to meet defined requirements and/or business specifications. They take projects from original concept through final implementation. They work closely with IT Business Partners to guide efforts toward achieving intended business results. They also ensure appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project. The Project Manager is effective in establishing, building and strengthening key relationships within the business, regional IT counterpars and key vendors.
● Responsible for executing and adhering to performance management process for direct reports.
● Determine project goals and priorities with product owner / business sponsors
● Create a project environment that enables peak performance by all team members
● Support timely and efficient delivery by using modern project management practice and promoting those agile concepts.
● Provide program/project health reviews, and the implementation of any corrective actions.
● Project management subject matter expert for processes and best practices.
● Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s scope and objectives, and motivate project team to achieve them.
● Balance capabilities with demand to ensure the ability to deliver LafargeHolcim projects utilizing qualified professional internal resources is achieved.
● Maintain a high level of quality in project management processes and deliver all required project artifacts including but not limited to
▪ Project Charter
▪ Risk, Issue, Decision, Action, Constraints Log
▪ Project plan
▪ Status and Steering Committee Reports
▪ Project Close Out report and Lessons Learned register
● Effectively organize the work into manageable activity clusters (work packages) and determine an effective approach to completing the work.
● Drive the continuous development of the LafargeHolcim program/project planning, scheduling and resource management practices
● Manage issue management and escalation as they relate to project delivery.
● Manage, develop, motivate and engage large project teams to ensure project delivery within a matrix structure.
● Ensure maintenance of standard governance and compliance for each project
● Analyze the actual performance against plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
● Arbitrate and resolve conflict and issues within the project.
● Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and/or amend the scope of work, budget, and timeline.
● Manage vendor relations and procurement activities related to project.
● Represent project at meetings with internal and external stakeholders, and Senior Management to ensure that priorities are communicated and understood, and that progress, delays, issues are reported.
● Manage IT Communications, Training and Organizational Change Management Plans for internal and external stakeholders.
● Strive for 100% on-time and on-budget projects
● Support post implementation project reviews and the integration of any lessons learned into future project delivery as well as third party project reviews.
● Support and provide responses to any internal or external compliance audits or investigations.
● Perform special assignments on an as required basis.
● Other duties as assigned.
Sales revenue, EBIT, budget managed, volumes, number of direct & indirect reports and/or
any financial dimension related to the job whether the impact is direct or indirect
List of direct reports
● No direct reports
Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships
● Business Sponsor, Product owner, Senior Digital, Business and IT Leaders, ITSC and Business Leadership Team, Business Analysts, Business Subject Matter Experts, IT resources, Global/Group PMO
Level of education/qualifications normally required
● Bachelor degree or above in Business Economics or Computer Science or equivalent discipline with an IT focus work experience and technical training.
● Master degree is clear advantage
Specific work experience
● More than 8 years of progressive experience in IT Project Management
● Experience in managing projects with agile methodology with focus on modern digital product
● Experience in driving Global scale HR projects and definition of HR / IT governance and operation model
● Demonstrated ability to manage 2 or more high-risk projects involving external vendors and multiple business areas
● Experience working and managing offshore teams or SaaS partners
● Knowledge of Construction & Building Materials industry is a plus
Technical / functional skills
• Proficiency with key market project management software
• Technical background sufficient to understand technologies and technical issues involved with the project and industry to anticipate and identify technical obstacles and to make accurate project decisions
• Specific experience on HRIS and HCM functional process and technology (SuccessFactors, SAP HCM, HR, OM ... )
• Extensive knowledge of project management methodology (ie. PRINCE2, PMI, Agile, etc)
• Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel with coaching and mentoring with senior team members
• Drives Project Management process improvements
• Strategic, conceptual, analytical thinking and decision making skills
• Budget management skills, ability to analyze and review financial plans and related budgetary information to determine the impact to the project.
• Ability to manage multi-cultural and multi-located teams
• Strong ability to effectively plan and facilitate meetings
• Adaptability and flexibility, including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change
• Negotiating skills within a context of political sensitivity and conflicting interest
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Personal integrity and courage to escalate issues about the project to Senior Leaders when necessary and to advocate for responsible solutions to project problems.
Leadership and managerial abilities
● Ability to build teams and generate a spirit of cooperation while coordinating diverse activities and groups
● People management and negotiating skills within a team environment
● Exceptional interpersonal skills ;ability to work well with people from many disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
● Excels in delivering clear, concise, and tactful communication with Senior Management, clients, peers, and team members
● Ability to negotiate consensus among diverse groups and impact the activities of others not in own reporting structure
● Ability to influence teams and drive results
● Motivation and coaching of multicultural external or offshore teams.
● Excellent English (written & spoken), German and French are a plus
● Travel up to 5 - 10 %